Tips for Choosing the Right Tile in Bakersfield, CA
When they’re upgrading your floors, many homeowners opt for tile. It’s a beautiful, durable and customizable flooring type that can blend into the background or become the focal point of the room, depending on which tiles you pick and how they’re installed. But how do you know what the best tiles are in Bakersfield, CA?
Tile flooring at a glance
Tiles are made of clay, minerals and other ingredients, which are shaped and heated at a high temperature to harden them. Most tile flooring that’s used indoors is glazed, which adds a layer of protection against spills—you wouldn’t want to risk your floors being ruined every time you pour a glass of wine or cook a pot of spaghetti.
Ceramic tile flooring tends to be extremely durable, colorfast and safe, so long as you choose a glazed variety. You should choose a variety that’s slip-resistant, or, if you fall in love with an option that isn’t already slip-resistant, you can have it treated.
Choosing the tile that’s right for your home
As long as you choose the right tile for your home’s location and the type of traffic you expect it to see, you can expect decades of enjoyment from your tile floor. Here are some questions to ask to help you make a decision:
- Which room is it in? Knowing which room you plan to install your tile flooring in is half the battle. For example, kitchens and bathrooms are both high-traffic areas, with possibilities of spills and stains, whereas you might see less of that in a tiled patio or office area.
- What is the hardness? The hardness of the tile will help you determine whether it’s a suitable fit for your home. Tiles are graded from Class I to Class V, with Class V being able to stand up to heavy foot traffic without scratching or other damage.
- What is the porosity? Porosity determines how likely your tiles are to stain if you spill something on them. The more porous the tiles are, the more likely that the memory of one stray glass of red wine will linger in your home until the next flooring replacement.
- What look are you going for? Aesthetics are a crucial component of flooring replacement, so knowing what kind of look you want to achieve will guide your choices. Tile comes in everything from slate to stone and rustic ceramics to bold, bright options.
- What material are you interested in? Finally, knowing the type of tile material you’d prefer helps, too—keep in mind that today’s technology and manufacturing techniques can give you the look of stone or even wood, all with the durability and versatility of tile flooring.
Are you interested in redoing your floors with the best tile flooring in Bakersfield, CA? All American Carpet Inc. offers a variety of flooring options, including tile. Call us today to learn more about what we can do for you, and get started on the process of changing the look of your home.
Categorised in: Tile Flooring