Waterproof Vinyl Flooring Is Great All Year Long
With so many great flooring products on the market, choosing the right option for your home or office can be tricky. One of your best bets, though, is waterproof vinyl flooring. Along with being waterproof, vinyl is low maintenance and long lasting! Keep reading to learn everything there is to know about low-maintenance flooring in Bakersfield, CA.
What is waterproof vinyl flooring?
Waterproof vinyl flooring is designed with a durable and waterproof core that ensures it’ll last for years regardless of how many pets or kids you have running around. Unlike some other types of flooring, you’ll never have to worry about waterproof vinyl getting warped or peeling up off the floor. On top of that, it’s highly affordable and doesn’t necessarily require professional installation.
The different layers
Low-maintenance flooring in Bakersfield, CA is comprised of several layers that ensure durability and longevity. These are the layers:
- Backing layer: Composed of cork or foam, the backing layer of this flooring provides softness underfoot and serves as a sound absorber. The backing layer also helps save money, since you won’t have to buy underlayment before installing the vinyl.
- Waterproof core: The heart and soul of your vinyl flooring is the waterproof core. The core is dense, so it won’t swell or contract, no matter how much liquid is spilled or how long the liquid sits on the floor.
- Printed vinyl layer: A big reason why homeowners opt for vinyl is that it can look nearly identical to wood or stone—that’s thanks to the printed layer. Side by side, it’s almost impossible to tell the difference between vinyl flooring and the real thing.
- Wear layer: Waterproof flooring in Bakersfield, CA has a top wear layer that protects against scratches, dents and other flaws. Look for floors with a thicker wear layer, as this will last longer and offer better protection.
Types of waterproof vinyl flooring
Homeowners shopping for waterproof vinyl flooring have a couple of options. Here are the different types of vinyl:
- Plank: Waterproof vinyl planks are probably the most popular type of vinyl flooring. They come in a variety of sizes and colors, and they perfectly mimic the look of hardwood. Instead of spending thousands on hardwood floors, opt for waterproof vinyl that’ll last longer without all the hassle.
- Tile: We also carry waterproof vinyl tile that comes in 12” and 18” sizes. Our tiles mimic the look of a variety of different stones, including travertine and slate. These are a good option for kitchens and bathrooms, where you’d typically find tile flooring.
Self-installation vs. professional service
As mentioned above, you can install waterproof vinyl flooring by yourself. However, that’s not always the best route to take. We recommend hiring our professionals at All American Carpet Inc. to install your new floors for you. When you work with our pros, you can rest easy knowing the job will be completed correctly and your flooring will last for years without having any problems.
Don’t buy your waterproof flooring in Bakersfield, CA anywhere other than All American Carpet Inc. Come by our showroom today to check out our wide selection of flooring options!
Categorised in: Vinyl Flooring, Waterproof Flooring