New Year, New Carpet: 2020’s Top Carpet Trends
Not only is it a new year, but it’s also a brand-new decade! We’ve said goodbye to the 2010s and it’s time to ring in the roaring ‘20s. Every year, people who are redecorating their homes or businesses want to know about current carpet trends in Bakersfield, CA. To give your property an up-to-date look, explore these up-and-coming 2020 carpeting trends:
- Natural carpeting: Using materials such as wool, jute or sisal, many people are opting for all-natural carpeting options. This goes hand in hand with the eco-friendly carpeting trend we’re seeing a lot of this year. People are returning to Mother Nature and attempting to make the best use of her resources in their homes or businesses.
- Plush carpeting: Even though everyone is making an effort to be more eco-conscious, you don’t have to sacrifice comfort in the process. Particularly in homes, we’re seeing many opt for thick, plush carpeting options that feel amazing to walk around on with bare feet. This trend coincides with the increasing desire to focus on wellness and self-care. Broadloom carpets are outstanding for families looking for cozy, inviting carpeting.
- Colorful carpeting: Bold colors, especially jewel tones, are seeing a resurgence in popularity. Picking a carpet that really coheres well with your home’s overall color palette makes a statement while also customizing your space. Truly, a room with brightly-colored carpet is so welcoming and is unlike anything you’d see in another person’s home or office.
- Layering carpeting: Most people consider rugs for use on hard flooring, but in 2020, that’s changing. Interior designers are pairing neutral-colored carpeting with rugs that contain complementary tones. To keep this from looking too busy, make sure to match a rug’s tone to your carpeting so it appears seamless and natural. Look for dhurrie rugs to achieve this trendy look in your home or business.
- Monochromatic patterns: While solid-colored carpeting is a big trend, many are also experimenting with patterns, particularly geometric ones. To balance the boldness of a pattern, look for carpeting that uses neutral or monochromatic hues. This makes an amazing statement without going overboard.
- Maximalism: Maybe your motto is “go big or go home.” If that’s the case, the maximalism trend is right for you. This trend is for people who love colors and patterns. Pair a neutrally-toned room furnished with simple pieces and make it pop with a brightly colored and patterned carpet. This elevates your personal style to a whole new level by simply investing in a fun, eye-catching carpet. This is one of our favorite current carpet trends in Bakersfield, CA because it really allows you to have fun decorating your home.
There is so much to consider when you are looking for new carpeting. You have so many options to look through, which makes choosing what is right for your property, whether it’s residential or commercial, quite the challenge. At All American Carpet Inc., our experts are familiar with the 2020 carpet trends in Bakersfield, CA, and are available to answer any of your questions. All American Carpet Inc. also stocks dozens of carpet varieties, so you are certain to find exactly what you want for your house or business. Get in touch with us today to discuss your options.
Categorised in: Carpet