Carpet is one of the more traditional home flooring options. The benefits of choosing carpet for your flooring include added comfort, sound absorption and a variety of options in terms of style, colors and patterns. You can replace old worn-down carpet with new carpet to instantly revitalize a room. It surprises many homeowners to see just how much a new carpet installation can improve a grungy space. The family may finally want to hang out for longer than a few minutes!
Deciding to go with carpet is the easy part. Next, you have to pick a type of material and a color that matches the decor of your home, and figure out where to buy carpet in Bakersfield, CA. Here are five things to keep in mind when choosing carpeting for your home:
- Carpet prices: The price of new carpet varies depending on the style and material you want. You want a good price, one within your budget, but you shouldn’t sacrifice quality to get it. Note that stain-resistant carpet is a more expensive option, but it works well in regularly used areas like living rooms. For high-traffic areas or areas that are prone to damage—such as hallways, basements and stairs—you might consider carpeting made of cheaper, but more durable materials.
- Carpet padding: Carpet padding provides support and extra cushioning for your carpet. It’s an important feature. The result of no or inadequate padding is premature carpet wear and tear, so don’t skip it! Quality carpet padding is made from foam or rubber, which helps prevent deterioration of the carpet fibers at the surface and the carpet backing. Additionally, carpet padding can help to insulate your home against noise and the elements. Look online to find out where to buy carpet padding in Bakersfield, CA.
- Carpet style: The most popular carpet styles available in most stores include plush, frieze, textured, Berber and Saxony—each style has its own unique look and feel. However, instead of choosing a carpet style based on appearance, carefully consider the care and maintenance that each style requires. Pick up carpet samples and set them around the areas where you want to replace the flooring. See what looks good and feels nice, and focus on the styles that match your existing home decor.
- Carpet for stairways: For the most part, the stairways in homes get walked on a lot. It’s important that the carpet you choose for your stairs is durable, yet flexible enough to bend over each step during installation. The ideal carpeting for stairs is made from cut pile material instead of looped pile, which can stretch out over stairs too much. It should also be dense to prevent wear and tear.
- Care and maintenance: Proper care and maintenance keeps the carpet in good condition so it can last through years of regular use. All types of carpet need to be vacuumed frequently and steam cleaned from time to time, but the level of cleaning depends on the material and amount of foot traffic. Know what you are getting into before choosing new carpet for your home.
All American Carpet Inc. is where to buy carpet in Bakersfield, CA. Come check out our selection of carpeting from the top name brands!
Categorised in: Carpet