Your options are nearly endless when it comes to choosing new flooring for your home. However, being presented with so many styles and choices can be enough to make your head spin! To make your decision easier, we’ve put together this handy post that’ll cover the benefits of two popular flooring options: vinyl and hardwood. Keep reading to learn more about these two types of floors!
Benefits of vinyl
Vinyl was once thought of as a cheap, low-quality flooring option, but thanks to advances in how it’s made and installed, that’s not the case anymore! These are a few of the reasons so many homeowners opt for vinyl flooring:
- Waterproof: One of the top reasons why people choose vinyl is that it’s a reliably waterproof flooring in Bakersfield, CA. Unlike other flooring choices, liquid spills won’t harm or stain your vinyl. The liquid will simply sit atop the floor until you get a chance to wipe it up.
- Pet-friendly: We love our pets, but accidents and scratches from their nails can quickly ruin all sorts of floors. That’s not the case with vinyl. Since it’s scratch resistant and waterproof, vinyl is a fantastic option for households with pets.
- Low maintenance: If you’re in search of hassle-free flooring, look no further than vinyl. Unlike some types of floors that need to be stained or waxed, vinyl is practically maintenance-free. Mopping and/or dusting is all that’s required to keep vinyl floors looking brand new.
- Easy installation: Today’s vinyl floors can be installed in a matter of hours. We don’t necessarily recommend it, but DIY-ers can even install vinyl planks themselves without the help of professionals. All it takes is some spare time and a few helping hands.
Benefits of hardwood
Though most hardwood isn’t waterproof flooring in Bakersfield, CA, it does have its advantages! Here are a few reasons why you might consider hardwood:
- Incredibly durable: We believe that your floors should last for as long as you’re in your home. If you agree, then consider installing hardwood! Some of the more exotic woods can be a bit soft, but for the most part, your hardwood floors will be nearly indestructible.
- Tons of styles: There’s not just one type of hardwood floor out there. There are hundreds of styles of hardwoods to choose from, each of which add a different look to your home. Better yet, you can have your hardwood floors custom stained to fit in with your décor scheme.
- Value-adding: If one thing’s certain, it’s that hardwood floors add a ton of value to your home. Even laying down hardwood in one or two rooms can increase your home’s resale value by thousands of dollars. If you’re considering reselling anytime soon, think about adding hardwood floors to get the most money for your house.
Whether you’re interested in vinyl, hardwood or something else, be sure to get all of your waterproof flooring in Bakersfield, CA at All American Carpet Inc. In addition to an unbeatable selection, we offer some of the most competitive prices in town for all of our flooring options. Come see us today!
Categorised in: Waterproof Flooring