Sometimes it’s very clear that carpet flooring needs to go, while other times it’s not such an easy decision. But there are also those people in denial over the need for a brand-new carpet installation, no matter how dire the need. The best thing anyone can do in this situation is educate themselves on the topic of carpets, and when in doubt, don’t hesitate to contact local commercial carpet installers in Bakersfield, CA for help.
Not sure if you need to replace your office carpet? Here are five signs you should:
- Matting: While all carpet materials will get dirty, not all will develop mats. Over time and through regular use, certain carpet materials, like polyester, can give way to matting, and there’s little you can do about the problem except replace it. Older carpet that experiences heavy foot traffic also tends to mat down to the point where it cannot be salvaged. When replacing the carpet in your office, choose a material that can withstand foot traffic. Nylon carpeting is popular for this exact reason. This material is resistant to matting and lasts longer than polyester carpet. Deep clean new carpet on a regular basis to extend its lifespan.
- Wear and tear: High-traffic areas on carpets are usually the first places to show signs of wear and tear. Signs include rips, fraying, matting and bald spots—really, any wear that doesn’t respond to professional carpet cleaning. Having to put your carpet back together using duct tape is a pretty clear indication you need to replace your office carpet.
- Stains: Some stains can be removed when cleaned up right away and correctly. However, when trying to remove stains becomes challenging and the only way to conceal it is to set a piece of office furniture on top of it, it may be time to look at installing new carpet. Keep in mind that even though commercial carpets are usually treated with a stain-resistant finish, it doesn’t last forever and will eventually wear off. This makes the carpet more susceptible to staining.
- Mold: There are many types of biological substances that can get into or underneath your carpet that can cause mold growth or bacteria buildup. At first glance, substances such as spilled foods or beverages, vomit, animal urine or feces tracked in on shoes and moisture from roof leaks that have set for a while can appear to be run-of-the-mill stains, but chances are there’s mold under the carpet—and mold can spread quickly. The only thing you can do to make sure your mold problem is eradicated is to completely replace the carpet.
- Foul odors: If odors are still present in your office carpet after a deep cleaning, the problem has likely turned permanent. When odors have permeated through the carpeting all the way down to the padding, or if mold is what’s causing the stench, your only option may be to completely replace the carpet.
When the time comes to hire commercial carpet installers in Bakersfield, CA, reach out to All American Carpet Inc. Get in touch with us today to schedule an appointment!
Categorised in: Carpet