Vinyl flooring is a great choice for many homes and spaces. The technology of vinyl continues to expand, creating even more choices and options than ever before. If you’ve decided on vinyl flooring in Bakersfield, CA for your home, you’ll want to understand the difference between WPC and SPC core flooring so you can make a fully informed decision for your floor:
- Waterproof core: Both WPC and SPC flooring have a waterproof core, which is essential for most applications, including homeowners, business owners and pet owners.
- Material: The WPC core is made of wood plastic composite, while the SPC core is made from stone plastic composite. This makes the WPC softer and resilient, while the SPC is stiffer and sturdier.
- Thickness of tiles: WPC tiles are thicker and softer than SPC. SPC rigid core tiles are thinner and have less give. They are ultra-sturdy and durable.
- Structure: Since SPC rigid core vinyl flooring is thinner and sturdier, it is durable and virtually indestructible. However, the WPC core contains an added foaming agent that SPC doesn’t have, making it comfortable under the feet and very resilient.
- Scratches: Both SPC core and WPC core vinyl flooring in Bakersfield, CA rely on the outer wear layer for scratch-resistance. Options range from 8MIL to more than 20MIL, with the thickest wear layers offering the most scratch resistance.
- Dents: Heavy furniture can leave dents in the soft core of WPC vinyl, while the rigid core of SPC vinyl holds up better under this type of strain.
- Applications: The quality and waterproof core of WPC vinyl tiles make it a great choice for most applications. However, SPC rigid core tiles, with their sturdiness and indestructibility, are often used in high-traffic commercial spaces.
- Appearance: The appearance of both of these high-quality vinyl planks is great, with a range of choices and styles. However, SPC is especially high-tech, ranging from realistic wood and stone looks as well as other convincing natural materials.
- Comfort: WPC core vinyl planks are softer with the added foam agent, resulting in a softer step and extra comfort underfoot. SPC, with its rigid core, is sturdier and harder on the feet, which is why it’s more often chosen for commercial applications.
- Subfloors: While WPC vinyl is great for uneven subfloors, SPC rigid core vinyl is especially designed for uneven subfloors and can be installed over any existing hard surface—even tile!
If you’re looking into vinyl flooring in Bakersfield, CA, be sure to stop in and see our selection at All American Carpet Inc. We offer a wide variety of styles of vinyl flooring, including WPC core and SPC rigid core vinyl planks. Our friendly staff can help you choose the floor that will best meet your needs and give you expert advice on maintenance for your new vinyl flooring in Bakersfield, CA. We also have a huge selection of other flooring options, including hardwood, tile and carpet. Come see us today to learn more about our products and get tips from our experts!
Categorised in: Vinyl Flooring