Spring is a popular time not only for cleaning, but also for home maintenance. And if you’re really feeling adventurous, you might be looking into redoing your flooring in Bakersfield, CA. However, what colors are in style, and which will raise the value of your home? You’ve come to the right place. Check out these color trends for flooring this year:
- Gray/beige blend: Gray floors were popular all last year, and this year, they’re getting an update by mixing in a little beige as well. Adding beige into the mix warms up the room, especially when combined with lighter grays. Combine these with blue tones or lighter browns in your furniture and décor, and you will liven up the entire room.
- Black: Believe it or not, jet and eclipse black are in this year in every way, including for your floors. Some interior designers are using black floors in all-black bathrooms for an incredibly luxurious feel that exudes spa and relaxation vibes. However, black floors can be brought out of the bathroom as well, such as into the kitchen or dining room, for a rich appeal.
- Super light: Very light floors are in as well, with whites, off-whites and blonde colors making an appearance in many new interior designs. This instantly brightens and opens up a room, which is perfect for minimalist or Scandinavian styles. However, you may want to steer clear of bright white floors if you have children or pets, and opt for the subtler beige option, which will look newer longer.
- High variance: Contrasting wood floors with variation in their shades are also in, creating a rich color scheme and highly textured look. Mixing shades in the same color family looks the best, as variance can quickly become clashing when overly mixing gray and brown shades.
- Honey: Honey, another super light look, is perfect to get that whitewashed effect, but also keep it warm. The golden tones of honey will brighten and warm a room instantly, perfect for decorating with bright complementary colors.
- Natural finishes: Whether choosing hardwood, vinyl or even carpet, natural finishes never go out of style. They are versatile for any color scheme or design style, especially if you’re someone who likes to change up the look of your home often.
- High texture: A highly textured look is also in, whether you choose a distressed wood appearance or an obvious grain with imperfections. The texture makes the floor look natural and real, whatever material it’s made of.
If you’re considering investing in new flooring in Bakersfield, CA, explore your options at All American Carpet Inc. We can advise you on the hottest selling materials, textures and colors, and our team of experts will help you choose the floor that best meets your needs and your budget. Whether you’re looking for hardwood, vinyl, tile or carpet, we have a huge selection of options. Plus, you can get expert advice on how to care for your new flooring in Bakersfield, CA to keep it looking great for years to come. Stop in today!
Categorised in: Flooring