What Is Luxury Vinyl Flooring in Bakersfield, CA?
Luxury vinyl flooring is a type of durable, waterproof flooring that very much resembles hardwood or stone, but of course comes without the same maintenance requirements and at a much lower price tag. Each plank features multiple layers of material that provide added durability and ease of maintenance while improving the design and appearance.
Here is some information you should know about luxury vinyl flooring in Bakersfield, CA as you make your flooring choice for your home.
Most luxury vinyl is indeed waterproof, which means you can use it in just about any setting in your home, including bathrooms and kitchens. This waterproof quality comes thanks to its multiple layers, which allows it to withstand moisture and spills just as well as it holds up to scratches and heavy foot traffic.
There are several types of vinyl flooring, which are as follows:
- Planks: Luxury vinyl planks are most often used when the aim is to mimic a hardwood floor. The planks are designed in such a way that they look like the cut of hardwood flooring.
- Tile: Luxury vinyl tile, meanwhile, is most commonly used to mimic stone, or to create intricate patterns in flooring. As with planks, you’ll find all different design options that will let you get the specific appearance you want for your flooring.
- Sheets: Luxury vinyl sheets are most commonly used in areas that are prone to moisture, such as kitchens and bathrooms. These sheets can come in either six-foot or 12-foot lengths, meaning there will be few (if any) seams when installed. The sheets can mimic the look of stone, tile or hardwood.
So what are the biggest benefits associated with the use of luxury vinyl flooring? Here are just a few examples:
- Appearance: A really high-quality vinyl flooring will be able to mimic the look of stone, wood or tile in a way that does not look tacky or cheap. A couple decades ago, the design level of these types of floors had not yet reached the point where they would look like authentic wood or stone, but today they have a much more realistic appearance that works in most settings.
- Cost: While luxury vinyl flooring is more expensive than other types of vinyl flooring, laminate or linoleum, it’s still significantly cheaper than installing new hardwood or stone floors. You can save a lot of money while still getting to enjoy a luxurious appearance in your home.
- Durability: Luxury vinyl tiles and planks can be scratched or worn, but are significantly more durable than other types of vinyl and linoleum. Plus, as already mentioned, they’re waterproof, which is helpful for damp environments.
This is just some of the information you should know about luxury vinyl flooring in Bakersfield, CA when trying to decide what type of flooring is best for your home. For more information, we encourage you to contact the team at All American Carpet Inc. today with any questions you have about the various types of flooring we offer and their benefits.
Categorised in: Vinyl Flooring